Sunday, January 25, 2009

Days of January, evilness and other randoms

Ok... I realize with a shock that this is only my 2nd post for January.

Life sucks...

Life, in fact, is one big suckfest...

I'm doing General Medicine at the moment, am over and done with surgery and being stressed out more than I've ever been in my life. People just come to medical wards and die... they just die like flies and I'm having a hard time getting over it. There have been more deaths in my new ward in 3 weeks than in my old ward in 3 months. It's nothing to do with the ward, admissions to the medical wards are - in a word - buckets (waiting to be kicked). Heart attacks, strokes, alcoholic liver disease and chronic kidney disease. I keep cringing daily at the ominous rattle of the hospital coffins as they carry their cargo towards the mortuary.

I don't finish work until 10 or 11 in the night sometimes. I start my ward round at 5am on some days simply because otherwise there just isn't enough time. After working in a ward with 30 patients, I'm now in one with 65 patients. Ack!

6 months and 3 weeks down... only 5 and a bit to go...

I pray they go fast...

___________________________________________________

I have also found a gauge to my evilness....




You Are 34% Evil



A bit of evil lurks in your heart, but you hide it well.

In some ways, you are the most dangerous kind of evil.




Hmmmm.... I suppose 34% is not that bad...

Found this on Scrumpy's blog and couldn't resist!

I guess this is where the pitchfork factors in...

_________________________________________________

Have realized that all my petty fights and arguments and rants at Darling have centered around food. How pathetic is that? I yell at him when dinner is not ready or breakfast is not what I wanted or when he falls asleep instead of boiling pasta. Darling now claims that I love him only after being fed and watered. Maslow's hierarchy in practice? Maybe...

Dammit, I can't balance being an intern and being a wife... :(

Poor Darling... :(

__________________________________________________

I'll be hitting yet another birthday soon... in a couple of weeks, actually. Close to thirty, ovaries ticking away...

Did you know that women who have kids after thirty are more at risk of breast cancer and ovarian cancer? Is it selfish to want kids partly because it reduces ones risk of a nasty illness?

I want to have a family... but I want the two of us to have a decent married life as a couple first. This year just doesn't count...

__________________________________________________

Anyway, have to go now... am on-call for the next 3 days... won't be home for a good couple of weeks.

Wish me luck folks...

7 comments:

pissu perera said...

good luck with the rest of the internship. will keep an eye out for a frazzled looking doc when i wander thataways :)

as for maslow's thingamajig, wife or no wife, a person had to be fed and watered noh?

my grand plan for my ovaries was to sell them on ebay, until someone pointed out that no one will want my spawn for free, nevermind pay me for it. sigh.

the remaining 5 months will fly by, don't worry :) good luck!

Anonymous said...

Awww... honey I know you love me all the time as much as I love you...

It's just that your shows of affection are more prominent on a full stomach, na? :)

I'm working on that emergency sandwich-kit, just in case.

Hugz babe!

~ lo$t $oul ~ said...

u in a rush, when you goin to pick up the flowers on the wy?!?!?

Dee said...

aw u two are SO kyoot :)

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Don't take those deaths too personal. I believe that you do your best, so there is nothing for you to feel bad about...

About your age and family, Us people who belong to families of Docs have got used to it. So don't worry, rant as much as you want... :)

Scrumps said...

It seems as though most arguments in Sri Lankan married couples are because of food! You only have to look at my parents!

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh.. I feel for you.. going through the same balancing game.. and everybody is bugging me abt kidz.. I'm like are you Crazy???

Don't worry, hang in there! It'll fly by soooon!