Sunday, August 17, 2008

Mea Culpa...

The other day was my turn at the theater and I was in "civvies" and not the usual saree. I rather liked my blouse, a sort of wrap thingie, mostly in white lace that looked very soft and feminine. The ward round went smoothly but Dr. P, the registrar, seemed somewhat distracted. Several times he asked "what was that again?" which was most uncharacteristic.

After the round, I was at the nurses station filling up some forms when Nurse W (possibly my favourite of them all) came running at me brandishing a large pin as if it were the Sword of Omens. "Look at you child!" she hissed, "Even I am embarrassed... that poor man, who knows what he will cut off when he gets to the theater!!"

I glanced down to realise with shock that the outer flap of my blouse had got ...um... displaced... and that I had done the ward round with the right side of my bosom, (bright purple inner-wear and all) sticking out like a traffic light!

BLUSH


Oh dear... I guess wardrobe malfunctions happen even to the best of us!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL :)
Wonder what would have been going in Dr P's head "the question is: should I, or should I not tell her about her wardrobe malfunction..."

Good week ahead mam...

Dee said...

hehe...so tru! :) Hope married life is suiting u fine :)

pissu perera said...

:D i'm too full of food to laugh as hard as i just did.

Jack Point said...

You made his day a little more surreal thats all, nothing to get too bothered about I guess.

Anonymous said...

Atleast it would have cheered up the patients... like it cheered me up. Hilarious.. :p

Angel said...

Thanks everyone... I'm glad my little malfunction added so much sunshine into your life!