Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Fiddling away while the ship sinks...

There's a squeak of pure delight from a matey little mite
As it tortuously tunnels in the skin,
Singing "furrow, folly furrow, come join me in my burrow,
And we'll view the epidermis from within."

(Guy's Acarus)

Ok, I know that seems a little displaced, but I came across this little gem tucked in a corner of my dermatology text book... right next to the section on scabicides and how to squash the matey little guy out of existence.

I can't believe that after nearly a month of silence I'm blogging now, with only four more days to go for my final exams... shouldn't I be sitting somewhere with my feet in a tub of hot water, poring over textbooks? I guess I should... but I think I've reached the "lah-de-dah" stage of pre-exam panic where I no longer care if I get good marks or end up looking like a blithering idiot during a viva.

Of course my sang-froid is strongest during the daytime... cometh the evening panic rises up (along with gastritis) and I hear the voices of miscellaneous professors echoing in my head... "the results of this exam will mark you for LIFE!" Oh well... we'll see how it goes. Keep your fingers crossed for me people!

No comments: